Monday 7 December 2009

Rowan Studio Issue 14


I ordered Rowan Studio Issue14 today. It was launched in January a lot of the wool and colours used within the collection have been discontinued. I have managed to track some down in Ebay for a really cheap price so thats good news!

I was going to order some rowan ribbon twist however I decided against it as I felt I could get a lot more wear from knitted neutral pieces, which can be worn in Autumn and Spring time.

I love the styling of the collection and in particular the way they have used a petite model and how the lengths and proportions are perfect. The shoe boots are perfect that she's wearing I am on a mission to find them!



1) Coset jumper- This looks really comfortable and great for layering over dresses or tunics.


I have ordered the wool for this pattern and this will be new project for next year.


2) Embrace - I think this is soo pretty, I love the fair isle and patterning on the boarders. I have never knitted anything with a pattern so it will be a new challenge which is always good. I love the fact you can wear it layered and it would look great on its own or with a leather jacket over it.

3) Nestle - This jumper has a hood attached, the colour really appeals to me, It looks snuggly but not too fitted or oversized. Anything thats too oversized on petite girls is a no no. It really signals Alexa Chung to me and i could see her wearing this jumper with jeans and flats.


Credits:Rowan
4) Cosy - Is knitted in a gorgeous caramel colour it has cables on the front which I love doing so this should be a fun knit.Its been paired with wet look leggings and its a very wearable outfit.

1 comment:

  1. love the fair isle knit! good luck with all your crafting - cant wait to see all the finished results :)

    http://franklyidogiveadamn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete